Index to Public Lands News of April 21, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS FOR RULE REVERSALS. Law sets May 9 as deadline for Congress to undo Obama regulations. O&G industry anticipates Senate will vote soon on revoking BLM methane rule, but busy Hill agenda.
* ENVIROS GO ALL OUT TO BLOCK O&G SALES. Object to scheduled sales in Utah, Colorado and Montana. Protests and letters set the stage for lawsuits. Target is ambitious Trump fossil fuels development agenda.
* ONE WEEK TO NEXT BUDGET CRISIS. Approps run out shortly and Hill has all kinds of obstacles to overcome. No omnibus bill on table yet.
* APD PROCESSING BLM PRIORITY; GRIJALVA SAYS NO. Bureau plan puts quick APD decisions on top of pile. Grijalva: Plenty of permits already.
* HOUSE DEMS RETURN WITH RED ROCK BILL. For almost 30 years they have introduced measure to protect 9.2 million acres in Utah.
* ZINKE WON’T SUPPORT BISON RANGE BILL. Reverses course on Obama plan to support legislation to transfer FWS unit management to tribe.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.
* FEDERAL PARKS & RECREATION ADDENDUM.