Index to Public Lands News of March 2, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* DOI REORG MAY FOLLOW STATE BOUNDARIES. New proposal would keep most interagency offices within state boundaries. Govs more mollified.
* CRITICAL MINERALS BILL FASTER ON PERMITS. Than internal reforms taken by DoI because of NEPA, ESA limitations. But bill faces own obstacles.
* MURKOWSKI AND COMPANY ASK QUICK ANWR SALE. Even earlier than the four-year deadline in law. DoI royalty panel agrees. New EIS language?
* BEARS EARS FOSSIL DISCOVERY PROMPTS QUESTIONS. Significant deposit inside area excluded from monument by Trump. Hill may codify Trump action.
* COURT BLOCKS METHANE RULE DELAY. Judge says one-year suspension would harm environment. Says damage would outweigh savings to operators.
* DOI ROYALTY COMMITTEE CONSIDERS NEW STANDARDS. Subcommittee recommends revised method for valuing coal production. Dems charge bias.
* APPROPS AGREEMENT NOT A HARD GUARANTEE. Even though Congress settles top-line funding, plenty of political disputes/riders not resolved.
* GOP WANTS MORE-CERTAIN WAIVERS FOR WALL. Promoting legislation to lock in exemptions from ESA, NEPA and other laws. Court backs old waivers.
* BLM FILLS IN SOME DETAILS OF IM. Tells us that time to review parcels prior to lease could be reduced from as much as 18 months to six.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.